// An Ode to Self Care, July Edition //
1. Light a candle
2. Pack light so that you can travel far
3. Don’t fall into the “I’m an excessive consumer” trap
a. Attempt to only buy things that you love, will get use out of, and that are preferably durable and long lasting. Gain control over your dollar and invest in people/causes/movements that resonate and are important to you. Remember to be intentional with your support of others.
4. Know and understand your rights, do your research, ask questions!!!!
5. Complete that creative project that’s been on your mind. Revel in it’s completion and celebrate
6. Get it, whatever it is, off your chest. Be heard
7. Add a little turmeric to your tea or drink of your choice
a. Turmeric aids in fighting inflammation, lowering cholesterol, boosting the immune system, and improving brain function!
8. Know what you stand for and why you stand for it
9. Research the benefits of different essential oils and experiment with them
a. Essential oils have powerful medicinal properties that allow them to perform varying miracles depending on the particular oil being used. For example, one of my favorite essential oils, ylang ylang, is attributed to its properties as an antidepressant, aphrodisiac, antiseptic, and hypotensive.
10. Don’t choose people simply because they choose you
11. Remember that self care does not have to be a luxury, it should be a part of your lifestyle